Downtown Lampasas, Texas Home of the Lampasas Murals ___ Join Vision Lampasas, Fun, Fun, Fun!
Like to grow a business? Think Downtown Lampasas, Texas! ___ It ’ s a historically and economically fertile ground!
Facade Grant Program!
(All off site links and Adobe Reader Documents open in a new window or tab)
The purpose of this program is to improve the visual appearance and economic vitality of the downtown area by encouraging the exterior improvement of commercial/retail/office structures. The goal is to strengthen this area, improve safety, and make it more aesthetically appealing to community residents and visitors to the area. The improvements by existing businesses may act as a catalyst for widespread revitalization in this area and throughout the community. Should this program be successful in the Downtown Area, the program may be expanded in the future to include other corridors.
Facade Grant Program
• Vision Lampasas has offered Fa ç ade Grants to the Historic Downtown area for the past two years and over $5,000 in grants have been awarded to improve the look of the downtown area. Colleen Eckermann, chair of the design committee of Vision Lampasas is proud to announce that the geographic area that the grants are available for building and property owners looking to improve the facades of their buildings has been extended to include major thoroughfares within the city limits of Lampasas.
• The grants are evaluated as they are received and although there is no deadline to apply, committee members Ron Hall, Kathy Baxter and Colleen Eckermann encouraged residents to get their applications in early.
• “ With dollar-for-dollar matching grants up to $1,000, funds won ’ t last long, ” they said. “ In the early stages of planning, Vision Lampasas! was told from citizens that they desired incentives as a catalyst for reinvestment in the historic district, and these grants are one of several incentives the group is initiating. ”
• Interested individuals can also pick up a grant application at City Hall. Vision Lampasas has also worked with local banks on a $1 million low-interest loan pool and a Neighborhood Empowerment Zone was also developed in conjunction with the City of Lampasas. Information on these incentives is also available on-line.
• Grants are earmarked for buildings in the National Registered Historic District and the new extended area. The Vision Lampasas Design Committee will review the applications.
• Each applicant is encouraged to read the newly published Design Guidelines Manual available at the City Administration building or on the Vision Lampasas! web site. The manual was established to reinforce good design and will be used as a resource to ensure that the historic nature of the central business district will remain intact, said a committee member.
• Facade grants are considered an investment in the historic district leveraging private-sector funds. Visitors are drawn to Lampasas because of its culture and stock of historic buildings, and the historic nature of the central business district sets the city apart from other communities.
• No grants will be made for work already performed. All work must be started in 60 days and completed within 90 days. Grants are for exterior improvements only and must be visible to the general public.
• Typical projects are canopies, awnings, signage, window replacement, painting, landscaping, facade repair or restoration.
• Funds will be reimbursed after payment, inspection and completion of work.
• “ I can ’ t think of a reason why anyone wouldn ’ t want to use this as an opportunity to do some of the work they have been contemplating for a while, ” said Dianna Hodges, chairman of Vision Lampasas!.
• For more information, call the Chamber of Commerce at 556-5172 or send your questions via the Contact Us web page.
• Please click the above buttons for the grant application packet, the National Registered Historic District Map and the NRHD Design Guidelines documents. These will appear in a new window or tab as a Adobe Reader documents. You may save these to your computer, print them to your own printer or just read them.
Thank you for your interest in the Lampasas National Registered Historic District.
Using Adobe: after clicking a button, then on the Main Menu in Adobe Reader... • Print from Adobe Reader: click File, Print... and OK • Save to your computer click: File, Save As..., choose a location, click Save
Vision Lampasas, Inc., Lampasas, Texas U.S.A.
Downtown Lampasas, a National Registered Historic District!